Military Economic Development Committee
The Military Economic Development Committee coordinates the State's activities and acts as a communications center for issues relating to current and former military bases in Illinois.
The Military Economic Development Committee's main responsibilities are as outlined by the Illinois General Assembly (20 ILCS 605/605-215):
- Preserve, protect, expand, and attract new military missions, assets, and installations to Illinois.
- Encourage defense related businesses to expand or relocate to Illinois.
- Identify emerging trends and support long-term viability of the military and defense industry in Illinois.
- Assist Illinois communities who have been or could be impacted by Federal Base Realignment and Closure actions or other military realignments.
- Serve as an information clearinghouse by providing military installation information and recommendations to enhance the military value of Illinois defense installations to the Governor, General Assembly, congressional delegation, and State and Federal Government officials.